Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kyrgyzstan, here we come!

It’s finally happening! After over a year of waiting I am finally beginning my Peace Corps adventure.

We all met in DC on Thursday for our staging event.  It was kind of strange meeting all of these people in person for the first time because we’ve had a pretty active Facebook group and I felt like I knew many of them already.  We have 55 in our class, which is more than the two previous groups combined.  We're a mix of recent college grads, retirees, and everything in between, from all over the country (and even two from Canada with dual citizenship).

20140426-080635.jpg
We just finished the first leg of our journey and are on a layover in Frankfurt right now, but we still have two flights to go, Istanbul and then Bishkek, followed by a long bus drive to the hotel where we will be staying for our first few days in country. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you!
    I assume you are in and out of Istanbul by now? Were you able to see any of the city from the plane?
    Hope your final travel was smooth!

    ReplyDelete