Monday, May 12, 2014

It's Monday already?

The weekend went by in a flash!  We have a half day of language on Saturday so really we only get a day off.  I feel like I could use a week.

I had an enjoyable weekend: taught my host siblings how to play Uno and Set (it turns out they actually picked up Set pretty quickly, perhaps my explanation is too confusing when I try to show people who speak English!)  I also took my K-sis to one of the other volunteer's homes to do yoga.

We got right back into it with our language lesson today.  Kyrgyz has different terms for every type of family member (aunt on your mother's side is different than on on your father's side) but strangely they use the same term for older brother, uncle on your father's side, and any of his older male children.  So confusing!

Lunch with my language group

Lunch with my language group




When we're in our villages for language lessons our host families take turns making us lunch.  Today we had lunch at Juliann's house, in their guesting room.  Juliann is also vegetarian and her host mom made us a soy dish!   We also had some great local honey.  We are taking advantage of the good food while it lasts since it seems like bread will constitute most of our meals once training is over.

2 comments:

  1. You better not like your k-sis more then me!!! Also, crazy that they picked up on Set

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can anyone beat you at Set????

    ReplyDelete