Sunday, January 25, 2015

Snow... again.






A snowy street near the center of Tyup


There is no doubt it is winter here in the Kyrgyz Republic, although I’ve heard that the last couple years have been much milder than normal. We get a lot of snow in Tyup though, a lot more than any other place in Issyk Kul that I know of. In fact, on the other side of the lake they get almost no precipitation at all except in the mountains.





My back yard


I can’t complain too much though, my house is warm and I have an indoor toilet which makes makes life so much more bearable.





Tomato sauce!




I’m lucky too that I canned several liters of vegetables during the fall so I have something good to eat besides my normal buckwheat and peas. Living so close to Karakol vegetables are actually available during the winter, but they are much more expensive than they were a few months ago. I splurged this month and bought a few peppers and some spinach and am now completely out of money. Fortunately I have plenty of winter salad to tide me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment