Sunday, February 1, 2015

Талды Суу

My host parents have tons of siblings, which is great because it means lots of interesting places to visit.  This week we went to visit my host mother's family in Taldi Su.  They live up in the mountains not to far from Tyup.

Their house is pretty far from anything else, their daughter said that she has to walk 2 miles to school every day, which would be a pain in the summer, but must be extra tough in the snow!

They have a sleigh!  

My host brother, Kanat


They have an amazing view overlooking the valley



My host family standing in front of my host father's new car.  They explained that since KR is joining the Customs Union with Russia in a few months and foreign items will become much more expensive many people are buying foreign cars now to avoid the extra fees.

Merim, a cousin from Bishkek

No comments:

Post a Comment